All eleven sectors sport gains at this juncture with top-weighted technology (+1.7%) trading among the early leaders.
Key factors driving today’s performance include:
- Positive sentiment after the market overcame yesterday’s intraday pullback to finish near session highs. The S&P 500 (+1.3%) is on track to gain 3.4% for the week.
- Leadership from high-beta chipmakers and gains in all but four tech sector components. The PHLX Semiconductor Index is up 2.2%, extending this week’s gain to 4.5% versus a 2.9% week-to-date gain in the tech sector.
- Silicon Labs (SLAB 130.95, +4.84, +3.8%): best performer among chipmakers, rallying toward its 50-day moving average (135.93).
- ASML (ASML 499.84, +17.09, +3.5%): rising toward its 50-day moving average (514.82).
- Teradyne (TER 88.93, +2.79, +3.2%): best performer in the sector, rising to its best level in nearly two weeks with its 50-day moving average (94.32) looming above.
- ServiceNow (NOW 464.95, +14.18, +3.2%): rising back above its 50-day moving average (462.75).
- Adobe (ADBE 394.35, +10.72, +2.8%): rising for the fourth consecutive day toward its 50-day moving average (400.06).
- Microsoft (MSFT 264.63, +6.11, +2.4%): rising toward its 50-day moving average (270.10).
- NVIDIA (NVDA 143.09, +3.19, +2.3%): extending its bounce off its lowest level since April 2021.
- Lam Research (LRCX 447.90, +8.74, +2.0%): approaching its 50-day moving average (459.18).
- Intel (INTC 31.26, +0.51, +1.6%): rising off its lowest level since May 2016.
- Texas Instruments (TXN 170.94, +2.53, +1.5%): rising back above its 50-day moving average (168.88) toward its 200-day moving average (174.10).
- Apple (AAPL 156.50, +2.04, +1.3%): rising toward its 50-day moving average (158.08).
- Cisco (CSCO 45.82, +0.45, +1.0%): rising to a one-week high.
- Enphase Energy (ENPH 298.78, -18.63, -5.9%): weakest performer in the sector, backtracking from a record high. Guggenheim downgraded the stock to Neutral from Buy.
Briefing Full Disclosure -Benefits and compensation are received through endorsements.
There’s a lot of noise in the stock market every single day. New and seasoned investors alike need help filtering the news, data points and catalysts that are relevant to them. This is where it’s helpful to implement our VipLiveAlerts-Pro notification network to help you responsibly manage your assets and stay aware of changes that might affect your portfolios.
Disclaimer: This content is only intended for informational purposes. Before making any investment, you should always do your own research and analysis.
The best stock news travels fast! However, it travels even faster when shared by dedicated viewers like you. Help power the wealth movement and share your favorite VipLiveAlerts-Pro news today!